- Eligibility: The Soundstorm Storm Shaker DJ Competition (the “Competition”), is open to anyone who has a valid passport. Entrants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry. The Competition is subject to all applicable local laws and regulations (collectively, “Applicable Law”) and is void where otherwise prohibited or restricted by Applicable Law.
- Organizer: The Competition is Organizered and administered by MDL Beast LLC . (the “Organizer”).
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Competition constitutes full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance by each applicable entrant (each, an “Entrant”) of, these Official Rules and the decisions of Organizer, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon full compliance with these Official Rules and fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN EACH ENTRANT AND THE CONTEST ENTITIES AND GOVERNS EACH ENTRANT’S ENTRY IN THE CONTEST. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO ABIDE BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. An Entrant’s
failure to comply with these Official Rules at any time will void their Entry(ies) (defined herein).
- Competition Period and Entry Period The Competition begins on September 26, 2021 at 12:00 am KSA time (“KSA”) and ends on November 21, 2021 at 11:59 pm KSA (the “Competition Period”). Entries (defined herein) for the Competition will be accepted between 12:00 am KSA on September 26, 2021 and 11:59 pm KSA on October 17, 2021 (the “Entry Period”). Only an Entrant’s Entry will be collected during the Entry Period.
Stage 1: Submissions will be evaluated by a panel of judges. 20 DJs will be shortlisted to advance to the next stage of the competition
Stage 2: Shortlisted DJs will be asked to send a full set (minimum 45 minutes) and will go head-to-head in a series of DJ-related challenges; pushing their skills, performance, style, and creativity to the limit – it’s your chance to show the judges what you’re really capable of!
Stage 3: 10 finalists will perform at the XP Music Conference happening in Riyadh on 13 – 15 December. Judges will evaluate the DJs based on their live performances, stage presence, and flow. 4 DJs will then be selected to play at SOUNDSTORM that weekend.
*Out of the DJ winners performing at XP Music Conference night parties, 4 Storm Shakers will be selected to play at SOUNDSTORM 2021!
Judging and selection criteria:
Stage 1: Submission Phase
- 20 DJs will be shortlisted and pass on to Stage 2 of the competition
- DJs will be evaluated on their track selection, mixing style, technical ability, creativity, story-telling, experimentation, and flow
- Judging will be conducted by a panel of music industry experts.
Stage 2: Evaluation Phase
- Judges will evaluate the 20 shortlisted DJs full sets and challenges
- 10 finalists will be selected to play at XP Music Conference at night
Stage 3: Live Performances at XP Music Conference night parties
- At the XP Music Conference, judges will evaluate the 10 finalists’ live performances
- 4 DJs will be selected to play at SOUNDSTORM
- Final decision will be made through consensus of the judges
- The 10 DJ finalists will perform a set at XP Music Conference night parties
- 4 of the 10 finalists will be selected by the judges to play at SOUNDSTORM
- Flights and accommodations for all 10 finalists + 1 guest
- Mentions of the 4 Storm Shakers on line-up posters
- All finalists will receive Storm Blazer Tickets and special access to after-parties
- Submissions open: 26 September, 2021
- Submission deadline: 23 October, 2021, 11:59 pm PST time
- Shortlist announcement & Challenges stage: 7 November, 2021
- Winner announcement: 21 November, 2021
- XP Music Conference: 13-14-15 December, 2021
SOUNDSTORM Festival: 16-17-18-19 December, 2021
THERE IS A LIMIT OF ONE (1) ENTRY PER ENTRANT USING ONLY ONE (1) DJ MIX AND ONE (1) LABEL RADAR ACCOUNT FOR THE DURATION OF THE ENTRY PERIOD (AND SUCH LABEL RADAR ACCOUNT MUST BE MAINTAINED THROUGHOUT THE DURATION OF THE CONTEST PERIOD FOR EACH SUBSEQUENT STAGE OF THE CONTEST THAT AN ENTRANT ADVANCES TO BEYOND THE ENTRY PERIOD.
Entries received from any person excess of the stated limitation, outside of the Entry Period, or through the use of agencies, robotic, repetitive, automatic, programed or similar methods, will be ineligible and will not count and will be deemed void. Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who fails to abide by these eligibility rules.
No Entry may contain any content that Organizer, in its sole discretion, determines to:
- be vulgar, offensive, sexually explicit, profane, or pornographic;
- be derogatory or discriminatory of any age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or familial status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status;
- endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks about other people, products, or companies;
- be violent or promotes the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, weapons, or unsafe activities;
- promote any political agenda or message;
- contain any material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including, but not limited to, material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement
- contain third-party trademarks, logos, insignia, including brand names of any products, trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others without permission. Organizer reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove or blur, or to ask applicable the applicable Entrant to remove or blur any non-material elements (e.g., small logos on clothing, artwork hanging in the background, etc.) rather than disqualify an otherwise compliant Entry;
- communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive image of any of the Competition Entities’ respective names, trademarks, logos, insignias, or brands;
- violate any Applicable Law; or
- include or refer to any third parties, including, but not limited to, minor children, celebrities, friends, or other persons, who have not expressly authorized such inclusion or reference.
Organizer reserves the right to reject and/or void any Entry which Organizer determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, does not meet the above criteria or is otherwise offensive or is not in keeping with any of the Competition Entities’ respective images and reputations. Organizer reserves the right to remove any Entry or disqualify any Entry without prior notice to the applicable Entrant. By submitting an Entry, an Entrant represents and warrants that he/she consents to the submission and use of his/her Entry(ies) in the Competition and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
- ENTRANT’S REPRESENTATION AND WARRANTS: By entering, each Entrant represents and warrants that (a) he/she has the right to submit each Entry and to grant to Organizer a license to use each Entry as described below; (b) his/her Entry consists only of original work and each Entry has not previously been published anywhere else or entered into any other Competition; (c) he/she has not granted any person or any corporation, company, governmental authority, limited liability company, partnership, trust, estate, association, or any other individual entity or organization in his, her, or its own or any representative capacity any rights to use each Entry; (d) each Entry meets the eligibility criteria set forth above in Section 5; (e) each Entry does not defame or violate the rights of publicity or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon the publicity rights or privacy of any third person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or other third-party rights; and (f) each Entry is not offensive or inappropriate, as determined by Organizer in its sole discretion, nor does it violate any Applicable Law. By submitting an Entry, each Entrant represents and warrants that he/she consents to the submission and use of each Entry in the Competition and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
- OWNERSHIP: Entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall retain all ownership rights in his/her respective Entry(ies); however, by submitting an Entry, each Entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees that Organizer shall be granted the same rights in and to such Entries as Organizer receives with respect to any content and material recorded or uploaded by a registered user pursuant to Terms and Conditions and each Entrant hereby further grants the Competition Entities and their respective licensors, licensees, and advertisers a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty- free, fully paid, transferrable, assignable, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, copy, reproduce, display, distribute, publish, modify, adapt, make derivative works of, make collective works with, translate, and otherwise exploit any Entry, in whole or in part, in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered (including, without limitation, online or in print, film, or television) throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification to Entrant or any third party, for any purpose whatsoever and to identify such Entrant as the source thereof.
By submitting an Entry, each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Organizer may obtain many submissions in this Competition and that each Entry may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format, or other respects to other Entries submitted in this Competition or other promotions or contests Organizered by any of the Competition Entities, or to other ideas conceived by or provided to any of the Competition Entities, and the Entrant waives any and all Claims (defined herein) he/she has or may have, now or in the future, that any Entry and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by any of the Competition Entities that are similar or identical to each Entry. Except where prohibited by Applicable Law, the Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Organizer does not have now, nor shall it have in the future, any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of any copyright or other intellectual property right in and to each Entry.
Winner Qualification Requirements: Based on the judging criteria set forth above, the winners determined by the Judges and Organizer in their sole discretion, will be deemed the Winners and will receive the Grand Prize as described below in Section 8, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Decisions of the Judges and Organizer are final and binding. If the potential winners do not meet the verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, at Organizer’s sole discretion, the opportunity to win may be forfeited and the next runner-up may be selected by Organizer in its sole discretion.
No consolation or participation prizes will be awarded to any other Entrant.
By accepting the Grand Prize, where permitted by Applicable Law, the Winner hereby grants to the Competition Entities and those acting pursuant to the authority of Competition Entities (which grant will be confirmed in writing upon Organizer’s request), the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use worldwide IN ALL MEDIA, in perpetuity, without limitation at any time, the Winner’s name, photo, portrait, picture, video, actual or simulated likeness, image, voice, address (city and state), biographical information, and any other material based thereon or derived therefrom for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further payment or additional consideration, and without review, approval, or notification.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Competition is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to, fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Organizer may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Competition to address the impairment and then resume the Competition in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) determine the Winner from among the eligible Entries received during the Competition Period up to the time of the impairment using the judging criteria outlined above. Organizer reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Competition or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of Applicable Law (both criminally and civilly) and, should such an attempt be made, Organizer reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by Applicable Law. Neither any course of conduct or dealing by Organizer nor failure or delay by Organizer in exercising any right, power, or privilege under these Official Rules will operate as a waiver of such right, power, or privilege, and no single or partial exercise of any such right, power, or privilege will preclude any other or further exercise of any other right, power, or privilege. A waiver given by Organizer will be applicable only to the specific instance for which it is given unless expressly stated otherwise in writing.
- WARRANTIES AND CONSENTS: By completing and submitting any Entry, each Entrant (a) represents and warrants that (i) he/she has read, and agree to be bound by, these Official Rules, and (ii) based on the Official Rules, he/she is eligible to participate in the Competition; (b) irrevocably consents to the use of his/her name and/or likeness and each Entry by the Competition Entities for promotional purposes in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered (including, without limitation, online or in print, film, or television) throughout the world and on the Internet, and in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by Applicable Law) or additional consents; and (c) agrees to be bound by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Organizer which are final in all matters relating to the Competition.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Competition, each Entrant agrees to indemnify, defend, release, and hold harmless the Competition Entities and their respective past, present, and future licensors, licensees, and advertisers and their respective past, present, and future officers, directors, shareholders, managers, members, employees, consultants, agents, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability (including, but not limited to, liability for defamation, libel, slander, invasion of privacy, infringement of publicity or any intellectual property rights, any property loss, damage, personal injury, bodily injury, death, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity, and any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind even if the parties have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages), costs, and expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and court costs) that may arise in connection with (a) the Competition, including, but not limited to, any Competition-related activity or element thereof, any Entrant’s participation or inability to participate in the Competition, any person’s voting or inability to vote for an Entry, or any Entrant’s receipt of any prize, including the Grand Prize, (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity, or proprietary rights, (c) typographical errors in these Official Rules or any Competition materials, (d) acceptance, receipt, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence, or willful misconduct in connection with the use of the Entries, (e) any change in the Competition due to reasons beyond Organizer’s control, including, but not limited to, by reason of any acts of God, epidemic or pandemic, any actions, regulations, orders, or requests by any governmental or quasi- governmental entity (whether or not any such action, regulation, order, or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond any of the Released Parties’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules, (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of the Competition,
(g) human error, (h) the failure of any third party to comply with the instructions and proper administration of this Competition, (i) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt, or transmission of any part of the Entries, (j) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of any website or telephone network, computer system, computer online system, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by an Entrant, (k) interruption or inability to access the Competition, or any other website, subdomain, or mobile application via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems, (l) any damage to such Entrant, voter, or any third party’s computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Competition, (m) any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions, (n) any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable, or damaged Entries, (o) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties, (p) the collection, use, and/or sharing of such Entrant’s personally identifiable information by Organizer or its designees, or (q) the negligence of or willful misconduct by any Entrant. Organizer reserves the right to terminate the Competition if it becomes technically corrupted (including if a computer virus or system malfunction inalterably impairs its ability to conduct the Competition) and/or to select the Winner from among all eligible Entries received prior to such termination (collectively, “Claims”).
- GOVERNING LAW; DISPURE RESULTION: Each Entrant agrees that any and all Claims arising out of, or connected with, the Competition and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant’s rights or obligations, or any of the Competition Entities’ rights or obligations in connection with the Competition shall be governed by local laws, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, and resolved individually and without resort to any form of class action.