We’re excited to announce the Storm Shaker DJ Competition, giving 10 DJs the chance to perform at SOUNDSTORM and XP Music Conference at night – alongside global and regional artists.
With the ultimate goal to amplify talent, we’re always on the lookout for fresh talent beyond the boundaries of music, art, and culture. You could be next on one of the SOUNDSTORM and XP stages!
How to Participate?
Submit 15 minutes of your full set OR create a new 15-minute mix with minimum 4 tracks. Make sure you tell us more about yourself by filling the form.
Stage 1: Submissions will be evaluated by a panel of judges. 20 DJs will be shortlisted to advance to the next stage of the competition
Stage 2: Shortlisted DJs will be asked to send a full set (minimum 45 minutes) and will go head-to-head in a series of DJ-related challenges; pushing their skills, performance, style, and creativity to the limit – it’s your chance to show the judges what you’re really capable of!
Stage 3: 10 finalists will perform at the XP Music Conference happening in Riyadh on 13 – 15 December. Judges will evaluate the DJs based on their live performances, stage presence, and flow. 4 DJs will then be selected to play at SOUNDSTORM that weekend.
*Out of the DJ winners performing at XP Music Conference night parties, 4 Storm Shakers will be selected to play at SOUNDSTORM 2021!
Judging and selection criteria
Stage 1: Submission Phase
- 20 DJs will be shortlisted and pass on to Stage 2 of the competition
- DJs will be evaluated on their track selection, mixing style, technical ability, creativity, story-telling, experimentation, and flow
- Judging will be conducted by a panel of music industry experts.
Stage 2: Evaluation Phase
- Judges will evaluate the 20 shortlisted DJs full sets and challenges
- 10 finalists will be selected to play at XP Music Conference at night
Stage 3: Live Performances at XP Music Conference night parties
- At the XP Music Conference, judges will evaluate the 10 finalists’ live performances
- 4 DJs will be selected to play at SOUNDSTORM
- Final decision will be made through consensus of the judges
- The 10 DJ finalists will perform a set at XP Music Conference night parties
- 4 of the 10 finalists will be selected by the judges to play at SOUNDSTORM
- Flights and accommodations for each winner + 1 guest
- Mentions of the 4 Storm Shakers on line-up posters
- All finalists will receive Storm Blazer Tickets and special access to after-parties
- Submissions open: 26 September, 2021
- Submission deadline: 23 October, 2021, 11:59 pm PST time
- Shortlist announcement & Challenges stage: 7 November, 2021
- Winner announcement: 21 November, 2021
- XP Music Conference: 13-14-15 December, 2021
- SOUNDSTORM Festival: 16-17-18-19 December, 2021