Do you see yourself as being exceptionally good at finding anything on the internet, especially when it
comes to video? This new position within MDLBEAST’s new Publishing team will be responsible for
Content Acquisition, finding, researching and licensing the best UGC available on the internet that fits
our brand identity.
To be successful in the role, you must be internet savvy with advanced research skills, have familiarity
with the landscape of Viral Videos and discovery of unfound video content that deserves amplifying,
whilst being exceptionally detail-oriented.
With a view to build a content acquisition and licensing team, you will be able to build the operational
pillars required for digital content acquisition, have commercial awareness to secure rights and
leadership qualities to match our MDLBEAST values.
This position will work closely with the Head of Content, whilst reporting into the Media team
● Work with Head of Content to understand business content needs and apply to day-to-day
tasks to deliver requirements
● Evaluate user-created videos for business needs & clearance opportunities
● Assess third party content feeds and partnership options to deliver content needs
● Secure usage rights of third party/UGC content for MDLBEAST channels
● Meet regular deadlines in a newsroom-like environment
● Research and investigate viable leads for clearance
● Identify problems and recommend solutions to wider team
● Set up operational foundations including workflows, process and rights contracts (working with
● Self-motivated to achieve goals with limited supervision.
● Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
● Excellent time management skills, and very detail-oriented
● Strong online research skills
● Knowledge of video and image clearance and intellectual property rights
● Resourceful online research skills with knowledge of video-sharing platforms like Reddit,
YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tiktok
● Ability to differentiate between an original video upload and a re-uploaded copy
● Ability to work independently, using an analytical approach to decision making
● Thorough understanding of music/fashion/pop culture/internet trends and viewer preferences
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment staying seated for long periods of time.
● Knowledgeable on the Viral Video space – old & new
● Interested in User Generated Content, and able to watch & analyze videos for long periods of
● 5+ years experience in the User Generated Content space, with an innate understanding of
what makes a good video
● Knowledge of image clearance and intellectual property rights
● Excellent Arabic and English verbal and written communication skills
● Interest in some of, if not all; music, art, fashion, youth culture – Gen Z content