MDLBEAST are looking for an experienced video and audio Production Director to lead the operations of
our content production across Digital, TV, Film and Advertising.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about programme making across music, culture and factual
storytelling and have a successful track record in production management, line producing, people and
They will oversee all aspects of our A/V production including scheduling, budgeting, reporting,
negotiating, post-production and vendor management. They will actively seek to elevate our production
expertise and process across the MDLBEAST content ecosystem, whilst delivering effective and efficient
workflows across a range of content, from short form digital, series, and audio through to documentary
and broadcast productions.
Working across both our owned and operated content as well as our client facing agency production
offering, this role will be responsible for the team’s production capabilities, expertise and deliverables.
As well as possessing technical excellence across the production process, they will be responsible for
the implementation of company policies on all their productions including risk assessments, H&S, child
protection, data protection and bribery with demonstrable experience operating at this level.
As part of the Media Leadership Team, the Production Executive will work alongside the Executive
Producer, Creative Director and Publishing Director, reporting to the Executive Director, Media. They will
be responsible for leading and building out a team of Production Managers, Coordinators and
● In this busy and exacting role, you will be responsible for monitoring all aspects of the
production process of across both in house and commercial projects including short form digital
content, series for digital channels, television commercials, branded content, documentaries and
long form broadcast commissions
● Overseeing/managing annual budget for publishing content and supporting Executive Producer
on budgets for other projects within marketing, music videos, third party commissions and more
● Overseeing operational elements when it comes to MAM/DAM, post production workflow
● You will facilitate successful client delivery on commercial projects and contribute to the
achievement of revenue targets; tracking and managing the cost of sale so that all productions
delivered adhere to business objectives
● The successful candidate will collaborate with Sales and internal/external Production resources
to deliver high quality, cost-efficient productions
● You will oversee selection of and management of third party Production Houses and digital
agencies so that productions are delivered on time and to specification.
● Be responsible for the compliance and management of all production business affairs/legal
compliance and corporate governance.
● You’ll need to be proactive, keeping up to date with new trends in the industry and tracking
competitive campaign activity.
The Ideal Candidate:
● Success in this role relies on a sound understanding of the Media industry and an in-depth
knowledge of all aspects of the production process, including post production
● Experience of production leadership across some, if not all of digital, TV broadcast, TVC, Podcast
● Client and vendor management experience
● Developing and managing annual budgets and overseeing spends
● Strong organisational skills and the ability to take initiative and manage multiple concurrent
tasks and projects are also essential for successful execution.
● This is a job for a resourceful individual who can develop trusted colleague and supplier
relationships and drive successful collaboration between groups.
● An honest and forthright communication style balanced with the tact and diplomacy required to
gain agreement and get others on side are essential capabilities for effective performance in this
● Excellent written skills are essential