MDLBEAST is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand partners, stakeholders, talent, and the organization as a whole. Through our commercial team we are looking to rapidly scale a media business leveraging the various initiatives of our Content Division in finding, attracting and engaging intended audiences. Products will include branded content, display, sponsorships and bespoke production as well as talent and event extensions, leveraging the wider MDL Beast ecosystem.
The Media Sales lead will be responsible for selling our advertising solutions and driving sales across multiple platforms to mid-to-large global, regional, and domestic brands and performance advertisers and their agencies at all levels. The media sales manager will take full responsibility of a digital advertising vertical, working with prospecting clients and be responsible for long term growth.
Our ideal candidate will have a suitable degree of sales experience, preferably within the digital and/or media space. A core structure and organizational skills are needed to build trust in a new business environment within an ever-
The role will sit within the broader Commercial team (incorporating sponsorship sales, event commercialisation, third party production and new product development) but be closely aligned to the Publishing division, including concept development, production, publishing and insights. A junior media sales manager will report to this role in due course.
● Build & manage a large direct clients and agency portfolios relationships with agency and client contacts to gain deep insight into their business and ultimately provide solutions for their marketing and advertising goals which could include anything from a display IO to long term content partnerships.
● Understand MDLBEAST’s advertising opportunities and tools to help build relevant advertising solutions for our advertisers and deliver the highest level of sales and service.
● Create new relationships with clients and advertising agencies.
● Drive deals to closure in a new business environment and retain and grow revenue from existing advertisers, brands, and partners.
● Work closely and partner with internal teams, for example marketing, media, etc. Build strong internal relationships to leverage capabilities across creative, production, data and media buying to win media RFPs and optimise proactive selling
● Input from a commercial perspective on new content initiatives in the pipeline
● Understand and learn about the music industry and competitive environment including knowledge of competitive events, festivals, labels, and agencies as well as our direct competitors in the local youth publishing space
● Achieve and exceed quarterly media sales quota
- Bachelor´s or Master´s degree
- An understanding of marketing and media planning processes with knowledge of key personnel at Media Agencies.
- Existing blackbook of MENA based decision makers at agency holding groups, independents and blue chip brands
- Several years of sales experience, ideally in the advertising, media or agency landscape, and proven track record of reaching and exceeding sales revenue goals via new and existing business.
- Background in media sales and understanding of the sales ecosystem is essential
- Previous experience in music, arts, events, and/or entertainment is desired
● Ability to lead sales missions across respective media-based categories
● Ability to work cross-functionally and with a wide range of employees
with different skill sets in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing
● Ability to solution sell and tailor our unique offering to meet a wide
array of business opportunities. Ours is not an off the shelf media
● Able to utilize Sales CRM tools such as Salesforce/Monday.com or like
● Strong ability to independently deliver against short term immediate
goals and long-term strategic objectives.
● Excellent organizational, interpersonal, as well as written and verbal
● Strong attention to detail with a data driven approach to providing
● You have exceptional analytical skills acquired from previous
● Business fluent English. Arabic language is a plus but not essential