The ‘Creative Strategist, Audio / Visual’ drives the creative integration of consumer brands into the MDLBEAST content ecosystem spanning video, audio and imagery.
They will be the link between editorial output and commercial partnerships for both MDLBEAST content integration and ‘white label’ services, where MDLBEAST provides content solutions for clients.
This role is where art meets science, combining natural creative flair with data backed solutions that elevate MDLBEAST content propositions, delivering engaged audiences at scale. We are looking for a hybrid creative/strategist with a passion for all things culture (music, arts, creativity) and for helping brands and corporations integrate with authentic digital content solutions.
The ideal candidate will balance an appreciation of the artistry ingrained in the MDL Beast ecosystem whilst being able to push hard to achieve desired outcomes for our brand clients.
- Driving the end to end process for brand brief responses and proactive pitches on all things A/V – from understanding the brand, client and their needs to developing the content solution proposition
- Identifying Insights based on brand/category research or audience segment behaviours
- Generating creative activation ideas, co-ordinating input from the broader creative and sales teams
- Detailed implementation plans, pulling in production resources as required and ensuring amplification tactics (owned, paid, PR, influencers) is strategically outlined
- Creating first class collateral, adapting templated presentation formats
- Being the custodian of relevant data sources (audience archetypes, competitor analysis, influencer integration, content trends) to support pitching activity
- Proactively creating incremental partnership opportunities across the MDLBEAST content output and editorial vehicles
- Working with the Media and Sales teams to ensure new formats are brand friendly and tailored to certain target partners
- Contributing to MDL Beast thought leadership in the region around the building of cultural capital for brands
The ideal candidate:
- 5+ years of creative, content production, planning and/or strategy experience preferably in an agency or media owner environment
- Experience using data and insights to develop creative solutions that make an impact and deliver audience, engagement and brand affinity (Hype Auditor, Social Bakers, Tubular Labs experience a bonus)
- Experience with content development, digital campaigns, video, podcasts, social platform content
- Strong knowledge of digital, logistical, and technical aspects of production
- Demonstrated management competencies such as: client focus, team effectiveness, developing others, attention to detail, flexibility, and delegation
- Up to date with emerging technologies, popular culture, and market trends to inspire new ideas and seek industry innovation leadership
- Exceptional ability to establish and cultivate relationships with clients, vendors, and suppliers
- Ability to lead a team, maintain a positive and professional demeaner, and accept constructive criticism in a professional, mature manner
- Excellent working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud,; Photoshop and/or InDesign and Keynote a plus
- Creative problem solver, resourceful, ambitious and proactive
- Calm and flexible approach to handling the pressure and stress of ever-changing demands
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills to handle multiple tasks, meet strict deadlines, and flawless attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and superior creative skills (written, visual, and conceptual)