he Creative Director of Video at MDLBEAST will be working across some of the most ambitious initiatives in the region.
You will have the opportunity to be leading the end-to-end creative development and execution from briefing and developing concepts through to production, editing, motion graphics, animation, sound design and delivery.
You will be able to ideate and execute across a range of video formats from TV spots to branded content, music videos to digital first series and longform IP.
As part of the Media departments leadership team you will work closely with the Publishing Director, Production Director and Executive Producer to realise business objectives through first class video creative and execution.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Media you will be a thought partner to build a ‘Studio’ offering to internal MDLBEAST initiatives and third party commissions alike.
You will be a brand guardian, ensuring our content is not only on point, but pushing the boundaries of video creative and execution.
- The Creative video lead at MDLEBEAST ‘Studios’, our internal video production unit that services our MDLBEAST initiatives as well as third-party clients whom we can create bespoke pieces of content for, whether distributed across our own portfolio of channels or as a ‘white label’ video services agency.
- Deliver outstanding video content across a range of platforms, including but not limited to trailers, TV spots, digital platform series, documentary/features across the MDLBEAST portfolio and for third party clients
- Responsible for collaborating and building video solutions and decks that secure internal buy-in or win third party pitches
- Play a pivotal role in MDLBEAST’s Media leadership team, building the optimum structure to produce effective creative content
- Leading and overseeing the creative video phases from ideation, conceptualising, and execution of video content, including where required film direction
- Develop MDLBEASTs long-term creative vision across Video and inspire others to play their part in achieving that.
- Increase MDLBEAST’s profile among its clients and industry at large through delivering great creative work
- Act as a spokesperson and ambassador for MDLBEAST content, vision and identity
- Along with Media leadership, responsible for identifying key third-party vendors and video production talent with whom we create a strategic alliance with
- Manage a Creative Strategist who will support in developing concepts, driven by data and creating propositions made to win pitches.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Proven experience acting as a senior-level creative director in a video business, editorial publication, or internal creative team. Must have a background in video/motion design & production.
- Experience through a wide variety of productions: Editorial, documentary, motion graphics & social.
- Knowledge of each step of the ‘marquee’ video production process.
- Hands on creative skills across short form content, editing and directing.
- Working knowledge of video editing & motion graphics software
- Ability to lead, manage, mentor, and motivate creatives and staff and to provide feedback, training and appraisals.
- Finding and developing creative talent
- Have an established network of world-class video production, motion graphics, and animation agency partners and individual artists.
- Experience in presenting pitches that wow prospective clients and stakeholders
- A keen ability to create work under minimal supervision, as well as package and present solutions to the wider management team—quickly and beautifully.
- Understanding of how to rightsize concepts and projects that deliver first class creative within business requirements and objectives
- Ability to navigate competing priorities, allocate resources appropriately, and mitigate associated challenges
- Setting targets and creative standards which constantly push the quality bar.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills in English and Arabic
- An understanding of how creative and data can combine to create great video content that delivers across multiple objectives.
- Experienced in taking briefs through development and production, ensuring top-level creative output
- Experienced across a diverse range of production, with a particular affinity and ability with film, short form and digital content and platforms
- Passionate about finding and developing creative talent
- Excited about working across content formats in the world of music, entertainment and youth culture with appreciation of how content is consumed in the MENA region