Business Development Director
The BD Director is responsible for leading the commercialisation of MDL Beast Events covering ticketing strategy, retail partnerships, technology, gaming, public entity relations and travel. In addition, the BD Director will source, assess and implement new business opportunities for MDL Beast.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Maximising ticketing revenues at SoundStorm and other MDL Beast Events including categorisation, vendor relationships as well as working with Marketing Director on targeted marketing plans
· Establishing a best in class retail operation at MDL Beast events covering merchandise, food and beverage and other relevant categories – constructing commercial model, partnerships and operation covering both direct retail, rental and sponsorship
· Drive the development and implementation of best in class supporting technology (eg Application) at MDL Beast events, working closely with Event Production team
· Developing a strategy to drive ticket sales and incremental revenue via bundling and co-marketing partnerships in the travel retail, flights, hotel and tourism industries
· Drive the delivery of MDL Beast’s Glamping offering at SoundStorm and beyond
· Assist in the commercialisation of MDL Beast Owned properties including web development, e-Commerce and data monetisation
· Assist in delivery of the MDL Beast sponsorship programme (covering retail-based elements of partnerships and potentially leading sales for designated segments) alongside Partnership Sales Director and Sales team
· Oversee key public and semi-public entity relationships and assigned strategic partners
· Implement a strategy to monitor and grow the broader socioeconomic impact of MDL Beast events on the host city and country
· Assist various business units within MDL Beast to create commercial strategies for their respective areas, bringing in Insights & Analytics and Project Management resource as required
· Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospective partner needs and generate new product or new market development ideas
· Create internal systems and processes to drive innovation and prioritise ideas
· Lead, in collaboration with the Strategy Director and Executive Director, Business Development, the planning and implementation of business plans for the penetration of new markets.
· Drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the Company`s ambitious growth agenda
· Work closely with executives and operations specialists to improve operations planning and overall efficiency.
· Develop in-depth knowledge of MDL Beast offerings to identify profitable business opportunities.
· Oversee the research of emerging trends and recommendations of new company offerings to satisfy customers’ needs.
· Develop the systems and procedures to enable the effective execution of business development.
· Build out and manage required teams for event commercialisation including permanent and temporary hires as well as for New Business development
· Assign sales quota and target sales for key revenue streams and deliver against those goals
· Set and enforce customer support standards to ensure customers are satisfied with received products/services
Qualifications and Experience
At least ten (10) years of relevant experience in business development at large scale organizations, ideally with an event focus.
Understanding of commercial operation around major events.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, or related field; Master’s degree is advantageous.